Dear Young Innovators, Accelerators, Incubators and Innovation Hubs,
We at the International Trade Centre are excited to announce that you can apply until the 10th May to the Youth Ecopreneur Award 2023.Plus, in partnership with UNCCD – G20 Land Initiative, we’re excited to announce a special award for those making a difference in land restoration! Within this category, the top 3 finalists will travel to the finals in Mongolia.
We are looking for youth innovators in the green economy who are building solutions to create a more sustainable world. If you are a young ecopreneur with a fervent commitment to sustainability and a determination to effect positive change, we want to see your application! If you are active in land restoration, please apply to our newly announced special award on land restoration!
This is a remarkable opportunity to showcase your skills and articulate your vision for a better future to a global audience.
Furthermore, if you are acquainted with someone who meets these criteria, we encourage you to disseminate this exciting opportunity throughout your personal and professional networks. Collectively, we can drive sustainability forward, one pioneering idea at a time!
The finalists will have the chance to pitch their business live on stage in front of business experts, investors, and governments at the ITC’s flagship event – the World Export Development Forum in Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia. Applications close 10 May 2023.
The winner will take home amazing prizes including:
- 5,000 USD to support your company
- Access to the Google Startups for Sustainable Development Programme (S4SD)
- Opportunity for additional investment with investors in the Google S4SD programme
- Mentorship and support from Google
- Tailored support on IP protection from WIPO
- International exposure through spotlight pieces from ITC
- Speaking opportunities at high level events
- Travel to Mongolia to pitch and attend the WEDF
To be eligible, entrepreneurs must be:
- Must be a youth (under 35)
- Must be majority run by a young person.
- Must be registered in an eligible country. See the list here.
- Must promote sustainability, circularity, and/ or the green economy
For the special award on land restauration, you have to have a business working on:
- Reforestation or afforestation
- Soil conservation and enrichment
- Wetland restoration
- Erosion control
- Clean-up of contaminated land
- Invasive species control
- Agroforestry and carbon farming
- Forest or urban woodland fire management
- Stream and river restoration
- Use of modern technology for any of the above
We are seeking the best and brightest youth ecopreneurs from developing countries, who are creating change in their community and advancing the transition toward a greener, more sustainable future.
Get in touch with us for further questions at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org.